CAC: Oct 3, 7:00pm
Planning Board: Oct 6, 7:00pm
Town Board: Oct 20, 7:00pm
Planning Board: Nov 3, 7:00pm
CAC: Nov 7, 7:00pm
Town Board: Nov 17, 7:00pm
Planning Board: Please take notice that the Town of Ancram Planning Board will hold a public hearing on Thursday, October 6th, 2016, at 7:00 p.m. at the Town Hall, 1416 County Route 7. Under consideration is the subdivision of parcel #214.-1-25.111 owned by Millerhust Farm Partnership, located at 3201 State Route 82 in Ancramdale, NY 12503. All persons wishing to comment on the application will have an opportunity to do so.
Planning Board: Please take notice that the Town of Ancram Planning Board will hold a public hearing on Thursday, October 6th, 2016, at 7:00 p.m. at the Town Hall, 1416 County Route 7. Under consideration is a lot line adjustment of parcels #214.-1-1.33.1 and 214.-1-33.2 owned by Lorrie Snyder, located at 3443 State Route 82 in Ancramdale, NY 12503. All persons wishing to comment on the application will have an opportunity to do so.
Town Board: On June 19, 2014, the Ancram Town Board adopted an amendment to the Town Zoning Ordinance to protect the scenic character of ridgelines and steep slopes. The amendment establishes standards… read more
Town Board: The Ancram Town Board will be making appointments to the Planning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, and Board of Assessment Review at the annual Town Board organizational meeting to be… read more
Financial Advisory Council: The Ancram Financial Advisory Council (FAC) was established by the Ancram Town Board in 2010 to provide financial analytic support for the Town Board and Town Supervisor, and to provide… read more
Town Board: The Town Board of the Town of Ancram does hereby give notice that the Regular Town Board meetings will now be held on the Third Thursday of every month. Any changes will be published prior to the meeting.
Town of Ancram - Home Page
Welcome to the website for the Town of Ancram, NY. Please let us know how it is working for you, as we are making ongoing adjustments and revisions. Please send feedback to .
Sign up for Ancram email updates from the Town of Ancram.
1. 2017 Tentative Budget: Click here for the 2017 Tentative budget, which will be the subject of a public hearing at 6:45 pm on 9/15/16 at the Ancram Town Hall.
4. 2016 Adopted Budget: Click here for the Final 2016 Budget.
5. Key Assumptions: Click here for 2016 Budget assumptions.
6. Town Board Meeting: Click here for background materials for the current Town Board meeting.
3. Board Meetings: Click here for background materials for previous Town Board meetings.
4. Building Permits: Click here for Everything You Wanted to Know About Building Permits.
5. Community Directory: Click here for the Ancram Community Directory.
6. Comprehensive Plan: Click here for the Comprehensive Plan, Supporting Documents & Maps.
7. Fees: Click here for town fees.
8. Heritage Resources Plan: Click here for Heritage Resources Plan.
9. Highway Department: Click here to view Highway Department's Facebook page for department news, pending weather alerts and road conditions.
10. Ancram Historic District: Click here for a list of the properties in the Historic District and information about tax credits available for work done on properties in the Historic District. For information about tax credit opportunities for properties in historic districts go to:http://parks.ny.gov/shpo/tax-credit-programs/
11. Laws: Click here for Town Laws.
12. Library Tax: Click here for the 414 Library Tax Disclosure Law.
13. Manuals, policies and procedures: Click here for town manuals, policies and procedures.
14. Natural Resources Plan: Click here for the Final Ancram Natural Resource Conservation Plan.
15. Newsletters: Click here for the Town Newsletters.
16. Property Taxes: Click here for the current Property Tax Assessment Roll & Tax Payment Status.
17. Right to Farm Law: Click here for a copy of the Right to Farm Law which was adopted at the July 21, 2016 Town Board Meeting.
18. Scenic Views: Click here for "Protecting Ancram's Scenic Views", which outlines the common sense guidelines developed by the Zoning Revisions Committee for new construction in Ancram to protect our scenic rural character - especially our ridgelines, steep slopes, and distant views.
19. School Districts: Click here for the Taconic Hills and Pine Plains Central School Districts.
20. School Taxes: Click here for access to your school tax bill.
21. Subdivision Regulations - Click here for the Town of Ancram Subdivision Regulations that were adopted at the February 19, 2015 Town Board meeting:
1. Memo of transmittal to the Town Board
2. Updated Subdivision Regulations
3. Subdivision Design and Construction Standards
22. Town of Ancram Audit: Click here for the 2014 Town of Ancram Independent Audit.
23. Town Hall Directory: Click here Town Hall hours, phone numbers and email addresses for town departments and officials.
24. Unsafe Building Law: Click here for the final version of the proposed Unsafe Building Law that was adopted at the April 16, 2015 Town Board meeting.
26. Zoning Map: Click here for the current Ancram Zoning Map.
Free Adobe Acrobat Reader required to view documents that appear on this website. Click here to get it.
The name was derived from the Livingston homestead in Anchoram, Scotland. Robert Livingston, first Lord of the Manor was the son of a Scotch clergyman, born in Anchoram, Scotland in 1654. read more →
Construction began on new Ancram Town Hall in 2002, on land donated to the town by Doris and Hal Faber. read more →
A Comprehensive Plan is the road map that guides a town's decisions related to future growth and development. It is also a process that lets the current residents of Ancram define what they want the future of Ancram to look like, and how they want the Town to develop. read more →